Mount Meru

Mount Meru
Africa's 10th Highest Mountain

Friday 13 January 2012

Counting Down...

So with just a week to go I thought it was about time the blog got launched!
I have been having a wee panic this week as I check my packing list and have been throwing things in the case. The luggage allowance was 46kg to Nairobi, but only 20kgs to Kilimanjaro airport, so I've had a quick rethink about the wardrobe! Thanks to brother Neil's advice, I will mainly be taking 3 outfits and of course my hospital scrubs, and plenty of washing powder!
My immunisations are all complete now, with the fairly pain-free yellow fever vaccination yesterday. So far no dead-arm sensation like the Hep A - Typhoid last week!!
I ordered my medical supplies last week and they have arrived - hurrah.
It is all beginning to feel really real now, and although I am pretty nervous, the excitement is building!

No comments:

Post a Comment